BOROUGH OF PORTLAND. THE Borough of Portland located on the Delaware River, in the eastern part of the township of Upper Mount Bethel, was incorporated a borough, October 21st, 1876. The first election resulted in the choice of the following officers, namely: Burgess, William Fox Members of Council- John Lamb Hugh Williams Philip Datesman John Ott P. A. Frutchy S. O Cortelyou School Directors S.L. Weidman Jer. Reimer S. Hagerman Joseph Wise S. L Flint John F. Rader Constable, Enoch Frutchy Assessor, Reuben Wise Auditors- T. J. Mends P. J. Ott George E. Labar was appointed Judge of Election William Kappel and H. L. Brands, Inspectors Justices of the Peace- William L. Bowman and Jesse Pearson Having been but a few months organized, the Borough of Portland has no history distinct from that of Upper Mount Bethel township, of which it was originally a part.